[conduit] 12knam

We receive 12knam via both noaaport direct, and conduit as a redundant stream. Phil Birnie (Ohio State) noted this morning that something seems to be amiss, and I must agree. =-O

Please notice this screenshot of our nam12km directory listing here:

http://wn.hamweather.net/wn/files/patrick/unidata/12knam.4.21.2013.png

Most of the files are encoding as "0" bytes, and some appear to have partial data. This phenomena appears to have begun with the 06z run. :-\

NCEP Central OPS shows a TIN referencing the removal of legacy products, but not high resolution products, so logic would dictate that Grid 218 / 12knam would not be affected by these changes. Note NCEP TINS here:

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/changes/

Is anyone aware of changes that perhaps I missed, or experiencing the same difficulties? Or are Phil and I simply drinking the wrong Kool-Aid? :-D

cheers,

--patrick

Patrick L. Francis
VP Media Logic Group