[LDM #JVF-237504]: 6.11.4 segfault on RHEL6.4 64bit

Daryl,

I'm not particularly fond of our support-system either.

The only status options we have are "Open", "On Hold", and "Closed". "On Hold"
might be better semantically. It risks, however, forgetting to set a completed
ticket to "Closed".

> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013, Unidata LDM Support wrote:
>
> > So, there might be a bug in LDM 6.11.4.
>
> OK.
>
> > Rather than re-installing LDM versions, why didn't you change the
> > "runtime" symbolic link in the LDM user's home directory?
>
> I used to do it this way, but then LDM started to install things into
> /home/ldm with the 'make install' target.  I reviewed the docs now and see
> there is a new 'pax' step suggested.  I'll try that going forward.
>
> > When you re-installed 6.11.4, did you change any compilation or link
> > options?
>
> no.
>
> > And no, this ticket is definitely not closed: it just gets set that way
> > when the response ball is in the user's court.
>
> That's poor and a turn off for me.  This is your ticketing software?  Why
> not add another category for 'waiting on customer' or something like that.
>
> daryl
>
> --
> /**
> * Daryl Herzmann
> * Assistant Scientist -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
> * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
> */

Ticket ID: JVF-237504
Department: Support LDM