[IDD #VZA-442965]: ldm configuration tweaks

Neal,

[I'm not sure if you received my previous reply to this question -- so here it
is again.]

> I'm setting up a new LDM server and I believe most everything is working. I
> have been able to start the ldm server and verify the data is coming in.
> There are a few things I would like to adjust to make it similar to our
> previous ldm server:

The main thing is to ensure that the LDM registry parameters in file
$HOME/etc/registry.xml have the correct values. See
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/LDM-registry.html>.

> 1. The data seems to be coming into /home/ldm/var/data/data/gempak. The
> desired destination for the data is /data/ldm/gempak. When I adjust the
> registry to point to /data/ldm it still creates the data/gempak folders
> within that so the full data path becomes /data/ldm/data/gempak. Is there a
> way to adjust that so it goes into /data/ldm/gempak?

Check the value of the registry parameter "/pqact/datadir-path".

> 2. I don't believe the logging is working correctly. The registry has it
> pointing to /home/ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log but nothing is written to that
> file. I would also like for that log file to be located in /data/ldm/logs/
> if possible.

Please send me the output of the following commands:

    fgrep LOG_LDM $HOME/config.h
    fgrep local /etc/*syslog.conf
    ls -l $HOME/bin/hupsyslog

$HOME/var is the correct place for all variable or transitory files. If you
want, you can make the log files appear to be in the directory $HOME/logs with
the command "(cd && ln -s var/logs logs)".

> The old ldm server is running ldm 6.7.0 and does not appear to have the
> regutil function so I'm not exactly sure where to look to find the
> settings. Any help would be appreciated.

The runtime parameters for LDM 6.7 are in the file $HOME/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf.
This was replace with the LDM registry in order to enable programmatic access
to the runtime parameters.

> Neal
>
> --
> Neal Pruess
> University of Northern Iowa
> College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences
> IT Support Coordinator
> Office: WRT206
> Phone: 319.273.5809
> Mail: WRT 206 0506