[Support #XFW-248432]: Re: FNMOC feed

Pete,

> The timezone for the log messages is  CST. What is really strange about
> this is sometimes I restart the ldm and I get the overlap errors, and
> other times I restart and don't. Maybe I didn't give it enough time for
> the connection to clear, and the unidata side thought I was still
> connected from before?

I think that's what's happening: the upstream LDM here isn't seeing the closure
of the TCP connection by your downstream LDM; consequently, the subsequent
re-connection attempt by your downstream LDM fails because the previous
upstream LDM is still trying to send data.

The upstream LDM will, eventually, terminate. When it does, your downstream LDM
will successfully re-connect.

Is your LDM on a host that's behind a Network Address Translation (NAT) device?

> Here are my log entries for the requests to idd.unidata.ucar.edu and the
> result from the past several ldmd.log files that I have - ldmd.log and
> ldmd.log.1 the connections were successful - ldmd.log.2 and ldmd.log.3
> have the connection had the overlap error.
>
> Strange!
>
> Pete
> --
> Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
> UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> 608-262-3086  - address@hidden

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: XFW-248432