[LDM #ZRC-891906]: New ldm on eurus.evsc.virginia.edu

Hi Jennie!

> I am trying to build the ldm6.4.4 on a new linux workstation, running Red
> Hat Enterprise 4.

LDM 6.4.4? Not a more recent version?

> I have encountered an error in the first make
> make >make.log 2>&1
> These two errors are in the make.log
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.4.4/src/pqcheck'
> c89 -c -O -m64 -DNDEBUG  -I.. -I../config -I../misc -I../ulog -I../protocol
> -I../pq pqcheck.c
> pqcheck.c: In function `main':
> pqcheck.c:174: error: `LOG_LOCAL8' undeclared (first use in this function)
> pqcheck.c:174: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> pqcheck.c:174: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make[2]: *** [pqcheck.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.4.4/src/pqcheck'
> make[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.4.4/src'
> make: *** [pqcheck/all] Error 2
>
> I already checked that the local8 was the correct log file, and set the
> config for SELINUX to disabled to allow logging, after making this change
> I ran the make distclean, and re-did the other build steps,
> but I still get an error related to LOCAL8 in function "main"....

Hmm... I see that you invoked the configure(1) script with the option
"--enable-logging=local8". That's good.

What's the output of the command "fgrep LOG_LDM config.h" executed in the
top-level source-directory?

> I think I need help.  Thanks.
>
> I have attached the requested log files.
>
> Jennie Moody
> address@hidden

Ticket ID: ZRC-891906