[Support #VOV-751174]: Re: [ldm-users] Problems getting data from idd.aos.wisc.edu

Hi Gilbert,

re:
> When you log into Pete's machine, do you see it happening after switching
> to 6.11.3?

We haven't tried that yet.

re: I upgraded the real server backends of idd.unidata.ucar.edu

> :-) I am glad to see this! The top level should always be running the
> latest and greatest, IMO. Otherwise, it sends the message that the
> update isn't important.

We disagree somewhat.  We do not like to take down/restart the nodes
in idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  As long as they are providing the service
they are designed to provide, we see no reason to touch them.  That
being said, however, I have been somewhat lax in installing current
LDMs on other Unidata machines.

re:
> We do not get CONDUIT at NIU or at a company called AllisonHouse, but all
> are running 6.11.3 without CONDUIT...and without any issues.
>
> Pete, can you try just feeding from one upstream CONDUIT server?

I am working on a hypothesis that the problem that Pete is seeing
is intimately related to the NCEP CONDUIT toplevels.  Exactly what
may be going on is, however, unknown to me (i.e., I have no working
hypothesis that would explain the situation).

Ticket ID: VOV-751174
Department: Support LDM