[Support #VOV-751174]: Re: [ldm-users] Problems getting data from idd.aos.wisc.edu

Hi Pete,

re:
> Noticed my CONDUIT latencies up around 2000 sec this afternoon, so I
> stopped the LDM and took ncepldm1 out (since it for some reason won't
> let me connect) in case that was an issue. When I restarted, I got the
> really high loads and snails pace products coming in again. Back to 6.11.2

We are really scratching our heads about your observation that CONDUIT
latencies are _significantly_ higher using LDM-6.11.3 than LDM-6.11.2.
I just wanted to jump in to let you know that this is not our experience
here in the UPC.

FYI: I upgraded all of the real server backend machines in the
idd.unidata.ucar.edu
cluster this past weekend -- 5 are now running LDM-6.11.3 and one is running
LDM-6.10.1 (eating our own dog food as you pointed out we weren't previously :-)

I also wanted to point out that we also experienced very high latencies
from two of the NCEP CONDUIT toplevels a couple/three days ago.  Here
is the link to the CONDUIT latencies for one of the idd.unidata.ucar.edu
cluster nodes:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+uni14.unidata.ucar.edu

NB: we experienced the high latencies on all idd.unidata.ucar.edu nodes,
and most of the nodes were running LDM-6.8.0 during the high latency
episodes

Please be assured that we are keeping a close eye on LDM performance regardless
of version...

Ticket ID: VOV-751174