[LDM #CSZ-262645]: errant LDM REQUESTs on sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu

Hi David,

Sorry for the slow response.  FYI: I work from home in the mornings,
so voicemail to my Unidata number won't be seen by me until later in
the morning.  Email, on the other hand, I will see immediately.

re:
> With regard to this, LSU's networking group wanted to get some tcpdump
> stats to understand the problem. Could we allow sirrocco to talk to a
> top-tier node for about 2 mins so that we could capture some tcp stats?

Sure.  However, in order to limit the test, please change the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
REQUEST for WMO from idd.unidata.ucar.edu to uni20.unidata.ucar.edu. Also,
please be aware that the WMO REQUEST to idd.unidata.ucar.edu is currently
commented out (I did this early this morning).

Next, regarding PerfSonar: UCAR maintains a PerfSonar site that your
network folks can use:

http://perfsonar.ucar.edu/toolkit/

Finally, as far as a conference call among SRCC, LSU and Unidata folks,
we are definitely available.  We will be in the office and available until
about 4 pm today, and starting at about 10:30 am on Monday.

re:
> Thanks,

Again, I apologize for taking this long to respond to your email and voicemails.

Ticket ID: CSZ-262645