[LDM #CSZ-262645]: errant LDM REQUESTs on sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu

Hi David,

re:
> There has been no work done by campus/srcc admins in that time frame.

Hmm...  This is not what I expected to hear.

re:
> I will check again with the information you have just provided.

Thanks!

re:
> Pavan acts as an ldm relay - is it a downstream ldm client?

Yes, pavan is REQUESTing everything from the DIFAX, FSL2, and
UNIWISC feeds from both idd.unidata.ucar.edu and idd.ssec.wisc.edu.

> netstat -a |grep ESTAB
> tcp        0      0 pavan.srcc.lsu.edu:ldm      emo.unidata.ucar.edu:57982
> ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0     32 pavan.srcc.lsu.edu:40691    idd.unidata.ucar.edu:ldm
> ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 pavan.srcc.lsu.edu:38566    unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.:ldm
> ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 pavan.srcc.lsu.edu:ldm      storm5.atms.unca.edu:46041
> ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 pavan.srcc.lsu.edu:ldm      hadar.esl.lsu.edu:35710
> ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 pavan.srcc.lsu.edu:35256    sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu:ldm
> ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 pavan.srcc.lsu.edu:ldm      blizzard.atms.unca.ed:44438
> ESTABLISHED

The entries that have a local port number included after a colon
(e.g., pavan.srcc.lsu.edu:40691) are REQUESTs to upstream hosts.
The ones that have ':ldm' are connections from downstream hosts.

Ticket ID: CSZ-262645