[LDM #YWD-746698]: Installing LDM

Raymond,

> I should have paid more attention I guess to Michael James' course.....

We should all pay more attention to Michael. :-)

> I'm trying to set up LDM prior to putting in GEMPAK
>
> I have an ldm user with an ldm group.
>
> ldm-6.11.1 is unpacked in the /usr/local/ldm directory
>
> all have ldm ownership and group.
>
> I ran the ./configure script   and saw errors but didn't know if they
> were fatal until I ran make and got the attached make.log
>
> Can you look at Configure.log, config.log and make.log and give me
> some advice of what I need to do?   I even tried explicitly exporting
> /usr/bin/gcc to CC with no luck.

The file "configure.log" is strangely truncated -- as if the running of the
configure(1) script had been interrupted.

I suggest starting over from scratch: delete the ldm-6.11.1 directory and
re-unpack the distribution. Send me the same files if it happens again.

Alternatively, if you allow me to log onto the system in question as the LDM
user, then I'll see what I can do.

> Ray
> --
> Raymond M. Hoff
> Professor of Physics
> Rm 426, Physics Dept.
> University of Maryland, Baltimore County
> 1000 Hilltop Circle
> Baltimore MD 21250
> p: 410-455-1943 f:410-455-1042
> e: address@hidden