[LDM #XGQ-958194]: Re: [ldm-users] LDM 6.11.0 released

Jeff,

At or before Sep 27 06:38:45 UTC, someone or something deleted the
semaphore-set that's used by the upstream LDM database module to manage
concurrent access to the database -- causing all subsequent upstream LDM
processes to terminate prematurely in failure. By design, the database is
deleted by the top-level LDM server upon normal termination or by the "ldmadmin
start" command if and only if the LDM system isn't already running.

I looked at the LDM user's crontab(1) entries superficially but didn't see
anything that would do this.

I restarted the LDM at Sep 27 19:44:52. At or before Sep 27 20:02:34 UTC
someone or something again deleted the semaphore-set. Upstream LDM processes
created after the deletion will again terminate in failure.

What the devil is happening on ldm.michiganwxsystem.net that's deleting
semaphore-sets?

Ticket ID: XGQ-958194