[LDM #MNK-989154]: comparing, contrasting two ldm servers

Hi SJ,

re:
> WOW you've done quite a few miracles!

If only that were true... :-)

re:
> I found netCDF on MacPorts
> http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=netCDF

Will you be installing this?

re:
> WIll reboot the machine now as I assume you are finally asleep :)

I see that you rebooted your machine.  While logged in this morning,
I saw that the load average was nice and low ( <= 1.5 ); nice!

Please let me know if/when you install a 64-bit version of the netCDF
and where it can be found.  I will then re-login and finish a build of
the ldm-mcidas-2012 package and make the binary distribution of the
decoders available to the Unidata community.

> -sj
>
> On Aug 30, 2012, at 11:30 PM, Unidata LDM Support wrote:
>
> > Hi SJ,
> >
> > When I logged into measwx to check on things this evening, I found
> > that there were several GEMPAK decoder invocations that had been running
> > for a LONG time (near the beginning of August).  I was able to kill most
> > of them (after stopping the LDM), but three refuse to be killed (I tried
> > 'kill' and 'kill -9' as both 'ldm' and 'root').
> >
> > The processes that won't die are:
> >
> > 89566  dcncprof     0.0   00:00.01 1      0    25    42    888K   972K
> > 2980K
> > 89563  dcnldn       0.0   00:00.01 1      0    26    39    1900K  1208K
> > 3468K
> > 89562  dcnldn       0.0   00:00.01 1      0    26    39    1900K  1208K
> > 3468K
> >
> > After killing several other GEMPAK decoders that had been running for
> > a long time (one from August 6!!), the load average on measwx dropped
> > from 11-12 to 5-6.  Killing the other stuck processes (see above) may
> > lessen the load on the machine even further.
> >
> > As far as stuck processes, the first line listed when running 'top' shows
> > that there are several stuck processes:
> >
> > Processes: 163 total, 7 running, 7 stuck, 149 sleeping, 648 threads
> > 23:28:38
> >
> > At this point, I think that a reboot of the system is in order!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tom
> > --
> > ****************************************************************************
> > Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program
> > (303) 497-8642                                                 P.O. Box 3000
> > address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307
> > Unidata HomePage                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: MNK-989154