[LDM #VWJ-362177]: ldm will not start - hupsyslog issue?

Hi Chris,

re: us doing the LDM installation for you

> That would be fine if you would like to set it up.

OK.  We will do this today sometime.  I meant to get to
the installation this past weekend, but I had too many
other things going on at home.

re:
> Bob has a concern below - can you respond?  Thanks.

> The only concern I have with this is the amount of space
> which will be utilized by this local path. There's only
> 14Gb of free space on this partition. Can you give me
> an estimate?

The LDM code installation is relatively small as you
can see from the current installation in /home/ldm.

The LDM queue will be the largest piece of the installation.
Given that UNCA is an IDD leaf node (i.e., doesn't relay data
to downstream sites), the queue size can be left at its
default of 512 MB.

The intention is to write all data to the large file system
in the same way that it was previously.  Also, the LDM
log files will be written to the large file system.

re:
> If you need more space, other options for creating
> a local disk might need to be explored.

Given that the data and log files will be written to
a different file system, the disk space used/needed will
be pretty static.  The only additional space consumed in the
future will be from new LDM installations being built alongside
of the existing installation.  This will be modest.

We will send a follow-up email after the LDM installation has
been moved to /local.

Ticket ID: VWJ-362177
Department: Support LDM