[LDM #VWJ-362177]: ldm will not start - hupsyslog issue?

Chris,

> The $log_file variable was indeed set to /home/ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log.  I've
> attached the output to the 'ldmadmin config' command.

That's odd. The output of "ldmadmin config" is inconsistent with the
error-message from the newlog(1) utility (which is invoked by ldmadmin(1)).

Would you please send me the output from the command "ldmadmin newlog" --
executed by the LDM user.

If that command succeeds, then you should be OK.

If the command fails, then please send me the file "$HOME/bin/ldmadmin".

> Chris
>

> --
>
> Dr. Christopher C. Hennon
> Associate Professor