[LDM #VWJ-362177]: ldm will not start - hupsyslog issue?

Chris,

> Still stuck.
>
> Is SELINUX enabled? The value of the SELINUX parameter in the file
> > /etc/selinux/config should be "disabled".
>
> I disabled it - does this require a reboot to take effect?

Yes.

> Here's the output when I execute 'mount':
>
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol06 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime)
> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
> tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,rootcontext="system_u:object_r:tmpfs_t:s0")
> /dev/sda1 on /boot type ext4 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol01 on /tmp type ext4
> (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol02 on /var type ext4 (rw,nosuid)
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol03 on /var/log type ext4
> (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup-LogVol05 on /var/log/audit type ext4
> (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime)
> none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
> sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
> /dev/mapper/atmsvg-atmslv0 on /data type ext4
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,_netdev,noatime)
> /data/home on /home type none (rw,bind,_netdev)
> /data/local on /usr/local type none (rw,bind,_netdev)
> nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw)
>
> Is this good?

Whether the output from mount(1) is good or not depends on which disk partition
contains the LDM user's "bin/" directory. Determine the disk partition by
executing the command "df $HOME/bin" as the LDM user. Then, match that name
against the mount output. If the string "nosuid" appears in the output for that
partition, then you're in trouble because the operating-system won't honor the
setuid bit of any file in that partition that's owned by root.

If that's the case, then contact your system administrator about it.

> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> --
>
> Dr. Christopher C. Hennon