[LDM #BRX-484783]: Error with syslogd and logging daemon

Vivian,

> Full Name: Vivian LeFebvre
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: ldm-6.10.1
> Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise  6.3 (Santiago)
> Hardware: Linux  2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64
> Description of problem: Below I list the error, I think I am close but the
> rsyslog.conf file does have the recommendations that are suggest on the site,
> but it still fails.  SELINUX is disabled and was rebooted to verify the atate.
> Thanks, --Vivian
>
> >/usr/local/ldm/bin/ldmadmin start -v
> The product-queue is OK.
> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf: syntactically correct
>
> hupsyslog: couldn't open /var/run/syslogd.pid
> new_log(): Couldn't notify system logging daemon
> start_ldm(): Couldn't rotate log files

It looks like the hupsyslog(1) utility couldn't communicate with the system
logging daemon.

Would you please send me the output from the following commands, executed by
the LDM user in their home directory:

    ls -l /var/run/syslogd.pid
    ls -l bin/hupsyslog

Ticket ID: BRX-484783