[LDM #SJZ-870882]: Problem ingesting archive files

Hi Jim,

re:
> I did attempt pqing again after rebuilding the queue, but got
> the same result.

I didn't think that this would do anything different, but the
cost of rebuilding an LDM queue was small enough that the test
was worthwhile.

re:
> However, I was able get most of the surface data
> back by using an old WXP program on the motherload file, which
> extracted all surface metars that I could input into a file.

Steve and I were looking at the files being produced on motherlode.
It appears that the original product insertion code is stripping
out one CR (carriage return) from the beginning of each product
(the files you are grabbing are the concatenation of all products
in an hour).  Because of this, we were going to recommend one
of the following:

- modify the products by converting each occurrence of

  CTRL-C CTRL-A CTRL-M

  to:

  CTRL-C CTRL-A CTRL-M CTRL-M

- try feeding the hourly to a decoder and see what happens

Looks like you tried option B and it works!

Ticket ID: SJZ-870882
Department: Support LDM