[LDM #CLA-594617]: ldmping question

Hi Michael,

re:
> I've come across something I've not encountered before and I wonder if
> you've seen this.  I'm running ldmping to a given IP address but ldmping
> returns nothing.  I typically either get a connection, an SVC_Unavail, or a
> connection timed out or refused.  Here is what the command looks like:
>
> [ldm@ftp-dmz-198 etc]$ ldmping 155.80.186.10
> Jul 20 16:15:37 INFO:      State    Elapsed Port   Remote_Host
> rpc_stat
>

> There's nothing following no matter how long I let the attempt run.  The
> upstream site can ldmping my server however.  We both have allow statements
> for the other's ldm server.  Any ideas what might cause this problem?

My first guess would be a firewall block of port 388 access to the machine
being ldmpinged.

Question:

- have you ever tried 'notifyme' to corroborate the ldmping failure?

  If not, try:

  <as 'ldm' on the downstream machine>
  notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h 155.80.186.10

  'notifyme' should show the same inability to connect to the upstream
  host.  If it does not, we need to know about it!

Ticket ID: CLA-594617
Department: Support LDM