[LDM #OFP-197738]: debugging LDM 6.10.1

Sue,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I'm attending a conference this week and
this is the first chance I've had to attend to this.

> How can the LDM still be dropping new products when pqmon suggests that
> the oldest products in the queue are hours old? We were dropping
> products when max product age was 2hours. we are still dropping products
> when max product age is 20+ hours.
>
> After expanding queue size (left the slots to default) and now we have:
> Jun 18 17:03:47 pqmon NOTE:  21141     0  711280  3000000512
> 21964        2    710457         0 102251
>
> This queue dropped products at 7Z today.
>
> Here is a snapshot of the ldm that feeds this (after also expanding
> queue size):
>
> Jun 18 17:05:18 pqmon NOTE:   8139     1  968422  3984953920
> 9959        3    966603  15048128 59413

It's only a snapshot, but it appears that your queues a large enough. A
time-series would be better, however. Can you use the "ldmadmin addmetrics" and
"ldmadmin plotmetrics" commands to generate a time-series?

> Clearly the LDM config is not optimized on either host for our average
> product size and data flow at this point,  but I would think it would be
> impossible to have lack of space or slots, or abundance of slots be the
> cause of the dropped data.
>
> We have had essentially the same LDM configuration for several years and
> have not dropped any data. After upgrading to 6.10.1 and Linux squeeze
> this became an issue. I am thinking to revert back to 6.8.1 which we had
> previous to 6.10.1

Unfortunately, I don't have enough data to form an hypothesis. Would it be
possible to log onto the system is question as the LDM user in order to
investigate?

> Thanks for your insight.
> Sue

Regards,