[LDM #DXJ-975558]: help with new LDM install?

Susan,

I changed the pqact(1) entries in the LDM configuration-file (etc/ldmd.conf)
that referenced "pqact.gempak_craft". There should be a one-to-one
correspondence between pqact(1) EXEC entries and the pathname of the pqact(1)
configuration-file, i.e., each pqact(1) EXEC entry should have its own pqact(1)
configuration-file (this is so the creation of the ".state" files don't
interfere with each other). I make four symbolic links to the file
"etc/pqact.gempak_craft" and changed the appropriate pqact(1) entries in the
LDM configuration-file accordingly.

The LDM log file is full of entries like this:

Jan 27 17:45:19 measwx pqact[62756] ERRO]: Deleting failed PIPE entry:
pid=77591, cmd="dcgrib2 -d
/Volumes/desert/data/realtime/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_CONDUITgfs.log -e
GEMTBL=/Users/ldm/GEMPAK/GEMPAK6.4.0/gempak/tables" [filel.c:290]

This indicates failure of the "dcgrib2" decoder. I note that the directory
"/Volumes/desert/data/realtime/gempak/logs" doesn't exist. Should it.

Ticket ID: DXJ-975558