[LDM #DXJ-975558]: help with new LDM install?

Susan,

> I would LOVE for you to login into the systems as LDM!
> XXX xxx
> XXX xxx
>
> I have not yet locked down ssh so you can get in fine
>
> I am afraid I don't know any meteo stuff; when you ask me about "common
> data-product" I don't know what to answer. I can only tell you that the new
> server is only getting stuff placed in 3 directories, whereas the older
> server gets stuff in more than a dozen. I did painfully poke through the
> pqact files and determine that the ones we are getting on new server come
> from NIMAGE, FNEXRAD, NEXRAD and WMO. The ones that we only get on the old
> server and not the new come from WMO, DDPLUS|IDS, CONDUIT, HDS, NGRID .  I
> hope that makes sense.

Logging by the LDM isn't working on either system. That must be fixed before I
can diagnose the problem.

The following must be done by user "root".

On Flightrisk, add "local0.none" to the entry for the log file
"/var/log/system.log":

*.notice;authpriv,remoteauth,ftp,install.none;kern.debug;mail.crit;local0.none
    /var/log/system.log

Then change the log file for the "local0.debug" entry from
"/Volumes/westwing/ldm/logs/ldmd.log" to "/Users/ldm/logs/ldmd.log":

    local0.debug
        /Users/ldm/logs/ldmd.log

Use tabs to separate the fields.

On Measwx, add "local2.none" to the entries for log files "/var/log/system.log"
and "/var/log/secure.log":

    *.notice;authpriv,remoteauth,ftp,install,internal.none,local2.none
/var/log/system.log
    auth.info;authpriv.*;remoteauth.crit;local2.none
/var/log/secure.log

Then add the following entry:

    local2.debug
/Users/ldm/logs/ldmd.log

Again, use tabs to separate the fields.

The LDM package on Measwx will have to be rebuilt to use the "local2" logging
facility rather than the (default) "local0". I can do that if you want.

Let me know when you've got this done.

Ticket ID: DXJ-975558