[LDM #MIY-342905]: Questions about LDM 6

Charlie,

> Some of our "old" utilities were developed to retrieve data by ignoring the
> rules defined in pqact.conf.
>
> For example :
>
> ./NpqRead -q ldm.pq -f test123
>
> (The data "test123" would be retrieved from queue and saved to file "test123")
>
> ./NpqSeek 1 -f aaa.txt
>
> (The latest data would be retrieved from queue and saved to file "aaa.txt")

I don't see why you would do it that way rather than use pqact(1). The actions
you describe could be accomplished by the following pqact.conf entries:

ANY     test123         FILE    -close test123
ANY     aaa\.txt        FILE    -close aaa.txt

> We know those utilites might be out of time. However, lots of our system use
> them. So we would like to renew them without changing usages. We hope to know
> if LDM 6 provides similar functionality.

You could do the same thing using pqact(1), but it would be less efficient that
using pqact(1). For example

    pqcat -f ANY -p test123 >test123
    pqcat -f ANY -p 'aaa\.txt' >aaa.txt

> Thanks in advance.