[LDM #NVE-669250]: Interface specification "-P" isn't an IP address

Hi Ernie,

re:
> I have just built a new 6.8.1 machine to replace a 6.7.0 machine which in
> currently decoding and storing all of our noaaport and madis data (there is
> a separate noaaport sat ingest ldm machine which is uneffected by this).

OK.

re:
> I have copied all ldmadmin-pl.conf, ldmd.conf and two pqact files pqact.conf
> and pqact.gempak.

You should not copy the v6.7.0 ldmadmin-pl.conf file to the new machine;
you should use the one that comes with the distribution. Use of v6.7.0's
ldmd.conf and pattern-action files is, however, OK.

re:
> The packacge built without error but when i go to start it, I get:
>
> Sep 22 20:30:58 UTC iag1.tc.faa.gov : Problem with LDM configuration-file:
> Interface specification "-P" isn't an IP address
>
> I have commented everthing out of ldmd.conf and still get the error.
> I would appreciate any suggestions you could give me.

Try deleting the ~ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf file (the one you copied
from your old machine) and reinstalling v6.8.1.

Ticket ID: NVE-669250