[LDM #UKJ-478572]: REQUEST entries help

Brad,

> Raytheon plans to attend the NWA Conference this year in Birmingham, AL
> (10-15 thru 10-20).
>
> The initial plan is to take canned data and run a standalone AWIPSII
> system on a HP Z600 Workstation, similar to the ADAM platform deployed
> at WFO/RFC field offices.

Based on our experience, we think that presenting live data would be better for
you. If nothing else, people want to see what's currently happening.

> We are exploring the possibility of bringing a more robust system, and
> using an IDD feed to the convention floor.
>
> Will UniData be represented here at the NWA Conference, and if so, are
> there any plans to have feeds into the floor?

As far as I know, we're not attending the NWA conference.

> Would UniData be willing to provide an IDD should we obtain the
> necessary network and system configuration to support such?

We can allow your LDM to receive data from one of our LDM-s. You'll need an
Internet connection, however. It would also probably be best to test the setup
before shipping it.

Feel free to talk to us about this.

> Thanks
>
> Brad Scalio