[Support #WUB-515971]: a question

Michael,

[I redirected your email to me into our support email system so that others
might benefit.]

> I can sure use your input on an LDM question.  My LDM requests data from
> Boulder, CO.  The data arrives just fine for days but then fails to arrive.
> If Boulder restarts their LDM, the situation doesn't improve, but if I
> restart my LDM, the data begins arriving again.  Something in the connection
> seems to be failing after some amount of time as reestablishing the
> connection from my end corrects the problem.  I would like to find the cause
> and prevent the problem if possible.  If the problem happens over the
> weekend, there's nobody here to restart LDM.
>
> Have you encountered this kind of problem?

We've certainly encountered downstream LDM-s disconnecting in order to switch
the transmission mode of a connection between PRIMARY and ALTERNATE. In your
case, however, it appears that your downstream LDM process either terminates or
fails to re-establish the connection.

Is there any chance I could log onto the system in question as the LDM user?

Failing that, is there anything in your LDM log file that would indicate what
the problem might be?

> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>

> Michael K Johnson - N0VX