[LDM #BPZ-999930]: LDM connection question

James,

> Although LDM is event driven with no polling by the downstream client
> required, does the LDM downstream client need to be able connect to the
> upstream LDM server in order to establish a socket connection before
> the upstream server can send data to the downstream system?

In general, yes. There is a way that an upstream site can send a data-product
to a downstream LDM server "out of the blue", but that mechanism is seldom used
because it is much less robust than the standard mechanism.

> For my situation, I have an firewall with access allow from Upstream
> server (outside) to the downstream client (inside) but cannot get data
> and the "ldmadmin tail" show connection errors to the upstream server.

Can you do a notifyme(1) on the downstream host to the upstream LDM? Execute
the command "man notifyme" for information on that utility.

> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Jim Lane
Regards,
Steve Emmerson