[LDM #MVT-954562]: LDM problem

Jenny,

> I got a problem with the LDM. Here is the error messages:
>
> Couldn't get time from time-server at ntp.ucsd.edu using the ntpdate(1)
> utility, "/usr/sbin/ntpdate".  If the utility is valid and this happens
> often, then remove ntp.ucsd.edu from variable "@time_servers" in the
> configuration-file, /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf.
>
> Couldn't get time from time-server at ntppub.tamu.edu using the
> ntpdate(1) utility, "/usr/sbin/ntpdate".  If the utility is valid and
> this happens often, then remove ntppub.tamu.edu from variable
> "@time_servers" in the configuration-file,
> /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf.
>
> Couldn't get time from time-server at otc1.psu.edu using the ntpdate(1)
> utility, "/usr/sbin/ntpdate".  If the utility is valid and this happens
> often, then remove otc1.psu.edu from variable "@time_servers" in the
> configuration-file, /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf.
>
> Couldn't get time from time-server at ntp1.cs.wisc.edu using the
> ntpdate(1) utility, "/usr/sbin/ntpdate".  If the utility is valid and
> this happens often, then remove ntp1.cs.wisc.edu from variable
> "@time_servers" in the configuration-file,
> /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf.
>
> Couldn't get time from time-server at timeserver.unidata.ucar.edu using
> the ntpdate(1) utility, "/usr/sbin/ntpdate".  If the utility is valid
> and this happens often, then remove timeserver.unidata.ucar.edu from
> variable "@time_servers" in the configuration-file,
> /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf.
>
> You should either fix the problem (recommended) or disable
> time-checking by setting the variable "$check_time" to 0 in the
> configuration-file, /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf, (not
> recommended).
>
> Would you please help me with this?

The LDM depends on an accurate system clock in order to do its job.
Consequently, the ldmadmin(1) script will check the system clock's accuracy if
the $check_time is not zero. It appears from the error messages that your host
is unable to contact any time-server in order to check the system clock. I
recommend showing the error messages and this message to your system or network
administrator.

> Thanks,
> Jenny

Regards,