[LDM #SJT-720842]: ldmadmin stop/restart problem

Zhuo,

> I have a question about stop/restart ldm, It seems my ldm is running
> abnormally. I'd like to kill all the processes that related to ldm and
> restart ldm.
>
> I tried ldmadmin stop, but I got a error message:
>
> $ ldmadmin stop
>
> The LDM isn't running or its process-ID is unavailable
> find: /usr/local/ldm/data/ldmd.pid: No such file or directory
>
> And it is indeed no  ldmd.pid in that directory.
>
> So how to stop and restart ldm?
>
> Your help is appreciated.

Is the LDM system running? Check via the command "ps -ef | grep ldmd". If it
is, then the file "ldmd.pid" in the top-level source-directory was somehow
removed and the best thing to do is to replace it. Find the top-level LDM
server in the output of the ps(1)) command: it will be the one whose parent PID
is 1. Put the PID of the top-level LDM server in the file "ldmd.pid" in the LDM
user's home-directory and retry the command "ldmadmin stop".

If, however, the LDM isn't running, the execute the command "ldmadmin clean"
before trying to restart it.

> Zhuo(George) Liu

Regards,
Steve Emmerson