[LDM #XJI-745134]: rpc.ldmd listen on multiple port and multiple queue - reg.

Sathya,

> We wanted to insert different types of data into different product
> queue. We were able to achieve that by mentioning the queue path as
> the argument to the process started via ldmd.conf.
>
> Now we wanted to get the products from different queue to be sent to
> downstream LDM.
>
> For example, all radar products are inserted into radar.pq and all
> imagery into image.pq. What should I do to pull products from
> different queue and send it over to downstream LDM. I could see single
> instance of rpc.ldmd process listening on port 388 and reads from
> ldm.pq. How do I execute multiple instance of rpc.ldmd listening on
> diffent queue and port.

The LDM system is designed around the assumption that each LDM installation has
one and only one product-queue.

While it is possible to run multiple instances of an LDM system on a single
host (see
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.9.7/basics/multiple_ldms.html>),
 it's not recommended because doing so is 1) more complicated than running a
single LDM with multiple feeds; 2) less efficient than a single LDM with
multiple feeds; and 3) requires downstream LDM-s to know the non-standard port
number of the non-standard upstream LDM-s.

I strongly recommend that you reconsider the reasons for doing this.

> Once again thanks for the support.
>
> Thanks,
> Sathya.

Regards,