[LDM #QXD-562099]: LDM 6.9.7 for RHEL6

Greg,

> I'm trying to install ldm 6.9.7 on a new RHEL6 machine we just recently
> acquired. I downloaded the latest distribution and ran the configure script.
> I'm attaching the configure.log file to this message. The configure script
> does not seem to recognize my particular machine configuration and fails. Is
> RHEL6 not yet supported for LDM? When I run uname -a on my machine, here's
> what I see:
>
> 40 t2:/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.9.7/src-> uname -a
> Linux t2 2.6.32-71.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Feb 2 17:49:59 EST 2011 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I would appreciate your advice on how to proceed.

The file "configure.log" contained the following:

configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target

I've seen this warning message before: it was due to the configure(1) script
being invoked as "./configure ..." (i.e., with three periods as an argument).
Was this the case with you? If so, then you should know that the ellipsis (the
three dots) is a standard convention for indicating optional arguments and is
not an actual argument, itself.

> Thanks,
> Greg

> Greg Stossmeister
> Head - Collaborative Tools and Metadata Group
> NCAR/Earth Observing Laboratory (EOL)
> Telephone: (303)497-8692  Facsimilie:(303)497-2044
> e-mail: address@hidden
> Mailing Address:          Shipping Address:
> NCAR/EOL                    UCAR Foothills Lab 1
> P.O. Box 3000               3450 Mitchell Ln
> Boulder, CO 80307      Boulder, CO 80301

Ticket ID: QXD-562099