[LDM #JHL-473805]: A problem of updating ldm version 4 to ldm version 6

Ross,

> According to the information on the webside, LDM 5.0.2 is the last version
> that is interoperable with LDM-4.
> Could you give me some hints about the major reason of why the newer version
> of LDM is not nteroperable with LDM-4.
> Is it about the updating of message queue or changing of RPC or something
> else?

The LDM uses ONC RPC for communication. That system requires that each version
of the protocol (4, 5, 6, etc.) have its own dispatch engine to interpret the
messages. In developing LDM-6, the LDM-4 engine was stripped-out because 1) the
cost of keeping it in was considered greater than the benefit that would
result; and 2) to give uses an additional incentive to upgrade their LDM.

> Thank you for your kindly help.
> Best Regard,
> Ross Lai

Regards,