[LDM #ORT-119387]: Default log file location with LDM 6.9.4

Daryl,

> I just installed LDM 6.9.4 on a clean RHEL6 64bit box and noticed a
> discrepency between where the default log file location is.  Just doing
> the vanilla
>
> ./configure; make; make install
>
> the registry points to /home/ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log , while
> /etc/rsyslog.conf is set to /home/ldm/logs/ldmd.log

"/home/ldm/var/logs" is your new official pathname for the log-file directory.
Because you updated an existing installation, however, that pathname was made a
symbolic link to "/home/ldm/logs" instead. In a virgin installation, it would
be an actual directory.

> PS.  I assume your changes for LDM 6.9 were to better support a RPM
> based distribution of LDM.  But to get LDM into distributions like
> Fedora and Ubuntu, a valid open source license needs to be
> choosen.  Is this a goal of Unidata?

We're not trying to get the LDM into Linux distributions. The structural
changes were made to conform to modern installation conventions and to allow
user's to do things like put the LDM product-queue directory on a ram disk.

> thanks,
> daryl
>
> --
> /**
> * Daryl Herzmann
> * Assistant Scientist -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
> * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
> */

Regards,
Steve Emmerson