[LDM #CHR-204620]: EXEC after file receipt

Jason,

> I'd like to execute a script to decode a file once it's received,
> via EXEC in the pqact.conf file. I'm also using FILE to store the
> data onto disk. However, will the EXEC only run once the file is
> completely written to disk, or will it execute as soon as the first part
> of the file is received?

pqact(1) executes actions in its configuration-file in the order that they
appear, so the EXEC would only be executed after the FILE completed. You should
use the "-close" option on the FILE action, however, in order to ensure that
the file is completely written.

> If the file takes a few minutes to be received,
> (large file) will this cause issues with executing the script on the file?

No. Just be sure to use the "-close" option.

> Thanks for any help or explanations.
>
> Jason

Regards,
Steve Emmerson