[Support #ILV-268404]: ldm-6.9.4 ./configure script gripe

Gerry,

> I'm not sure I'm comfortable, from a security perspective, offering your
> script our root passwords. Well, OK, I'm comfortable with doing it if
> I'm sure it's YOUR script, but how do I know?
>
> Wouldn't it be better to utilize sudo in this regard, or if the ldm user
> isn't sudo-enabled, to handle it as a separate task?

You can always *not* give the superuser's password. You'll just have to execute
the command "make root-actions" as the superuser after executing the "make
install".

This is all documented -- in detail in the HTML pages and briefly by the
configure(1) script.

> Thanks, gerry
> --
> Gerry Creager -- address@hidden
> Texas Mesonet -- AATLT, Texas A&M University
> Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983
> Office: 1700 Research Parkway Ste 160, TAMU, College Station, TX 77843

Ticket ID: ILV-268404