[LDM #YGA-963195]: Future LDM feature request

Gilbert,

> > Actually, every version of the LDM will crash if a pqact(1) process
> > receives a SIGXFSZ.
>
> It shouldn't do that, though. It should send out a warning...and then
> continue.
>
> > What was the specific pqact(1) action being executed? PIPE? EXEC? FILE?...
>
> WMO     ^S[AP]
> FILE    data/gempak/surface/metar.txt

In the case of appending to a file via the FILE action, I agree that the file
becoming too-large should cause the LDM system to crash.

I'll see what I can do.

> Metar.txt reached 2 GB in size. Yes, we are trimming it now, but...
> that shouldn't bring the whole house of cards down.

In the meantime, it's probably a good idea not to let the METAR files get too
large.

Ticket ID: YGA-963195