[LDM #YGA-963195]: Future LDM feature request

Gilbert,

> Just tried it. I got this in my inbox:
>
> Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:16:01 -0600 (CST)
> From: Cron Daemon <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Cron <address@hidden> /bin/bash -l -c 'wasReceived -f
> "WMO|NIMAGE|NGRID|NEXRAD3" -o 180' || /bin/mail -s 'NOAAPORT data has not
> been received in the last 3 minutes' address@hidden
> </dev/null
>
> [ The following text is in the "UTF-8" character set. ]
> [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]
> [ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
>
> Null message body; hope that's ok

I recommend using mailx(1) instead of mail(1).

> OK. Is there any way I can clean that up?

I'm not sure what you want to do, exactly. You could redirect the standard
input stream to a particular file instead of "/dev/null".

> LDM 6.9.1 on all systems now, including NOAAport ingester.

What do you do? Poll our FTP directories? :-)

Ticket ID: YGA-963195