[LDM #JIZ-849412]: info request...

Hi Georg,

re:
> I?m working on a met. Project in Austria. Under www.meteoalarm.eu all
> European wheater organizations send there warnings via xml to your systems
> where xml data get proceeded and finally maps are created?

OK.

re:
> One of our partners requested if its possible we can deliver him the data
> with LDM.

OK.

re:
> Im a little bit confused reviewing your webpages how all fit together?
> Can I take existing xml files to deliver the data via LDM to one of our
> partners?

Yes.  The LDM does not know or care what a data product is composted of.
XMl files would be treated no differently than other byte sequences generically
referred to as products.

re:
> Can you give me some links about how to convert existing data so it can be
> delivered with LDM?

If the XML is in a disk file, the process is as simple as:

- register with the Unidata website (so we can know who is using our software)

- create an account in which the LDM will be run (this is typically the
  'ldm' account)

- login as 'ldm'

- download, build and install the LDM.  This includes the step of
  getting LDM logging to work (uses syslogd)

- configure the LDM to ALLOW requests for data from the machine(s) or
  the site(s) you want to feed

- configure your firewall to allow inbound requests on port 388

- inform the site(s) you want to feed to request the data from your
  LDM installation

- create LDM data products from your XML files using the LDM utility
  'pqinsert'

That is more-or-less all that you need to do.  Some things like
firewall settings might have to be tweaked.

re:
> Many thanks for your assistance,

No worries.

Please let us know if/when you have specific questions.

Ticket ID: JIZ-849412
Department: Support LDM