[LDM #XZT-208639]: OS Dependencies

Hi,

re:
> Sorry about the screenshot, here it is.

Thanks!  Comments below...

re:
> And I just did a search for "error" in the .txt files so if you didn't see
> any actual errors then it should be fine.

Yes, assuming that you redirected STDOUT and STDERR messages into the log
files.  If you did not redirect STDERR messages, then the log files will
not show any errors, but they would have been seen on the screen.

re:
> We did indeed direct the errors to
> the log files, I was just doing a search in the .txt files just in case. If
> you didn't see anything that looked amiss then I guess there isn't anything,
> so please disregard.

I think the build and install went OK.  What I do not know is if you also
ran:

sudo make install_setuids

The final installation step (done as 'root' or with sudo so one has 'root'
privilege) is 'make install_setuids'.  This is not an optional step.

OK, onto what I am seeing in the screenshot you sent... Yes, there is
a problem.  Do the following:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
rm -rf runtime
ln -s ldm-6.8.1 runtime
ln -s runtime/* .

It will be easiest if you simply cut and paste each command.

Ticket ID: XZT-208639
Department: Support LDM