[LDM #USJ-914724]: LDM on Snow Leopard

Dave,

Based on your email, I would have the following *two* entries in
/etc/syslog.conf:

*.notice;authpriv,remoteauth,ftp,install,internal.none;local2.none
/var/log/system.log
local2.*     /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log

Be sure to invoke the configure(1) script with the option
"--enable-logging=local2".

You should know that, due to a bug in the Mac OS X kernel, downstream LDM
processes will eventually hang.  I've been corresponding with Apple on this
problem for about a year and a half but, so far, I haven't seen any evidence
that Apple is addressing this issue with sufficient resources.  For more
information, see <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software
/ldm/ldm-current/known-problems.html#fcntl>.

Ticket ID: USJ-914724