[LDM #QGR-675855]: LDM Binaries

Hi Roy,

re:
> Are there binaries available for the latest version of LDM, in
> particular for some version of the Mac OS?

No.  We think it is better for sites to build the LDM from source.
The entire build process should take on the order of 10-15 minutes
assuming that one's machine as a development environment installed.

Please be advised that there is a known issue with MacOS-X 10.5.
We believe the issued to be caused from a bug in 10.5, and we
have informed Apple about the problem, but there has been no resolution
to date.  MacOS-X 10.4 did not have the problem, so it is advisable
to use it instead of 10.5.  We are eagerly awaiting the next version
of MacOS-X to see if the problem has been fixed in it.

> I looked at the Unidata ftp site but I do not see them

Correct.  You will only find the source distributions.

Ticket ID: QGR-675855
Department: Support LDM