[LDM #QZR-407100]: Reverse DNS and LDM

John,

> As a matter of fact I will need to overcome one more obstacle. I
> will need to use a port instead of 388 as it is
> designated at our leasing host for some "other" traffic - what are
> the chances?

We registered the Well-Known port 388 with IANA.  It's ours.  Most modern UNIX
systems actually have an entry in the file "/etc/services" designating port 388
for the LDM.  If someone else is using it for something other than the LDM,
then that is extremely bad form.

As Tom said, you can work-around this --- but you shouldn't have to.  I would
contact the culprit.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: QZR-407100