[LDM #YQC-638250]: pqcreate seg faulting

Michael,

> Thanks for the suggestion to use -O1 for the compiler flag.  That did the
> trick.

Great!

What version of the compiler are you using (execute the command "gcc -v")?

Now that we know that it's a compiler problem, I recommend trying the option
"-O2" on that module to see if that level of optimization will work.  The
performance of that module is crucial to the performance of the LDM system.

If that optimization level does work, then I would rebuild and reinstall the
LDM system using it:

    make distclean
    CFLAGS=-O2 ./configure ...
    make >make.log 2>&1
    make install >install.log 2>&1
    make install_setuids

(NOTE: the above uses standard shell syntax.  Your mileage may vary.)

> Mike
>
> Michael P. McGee
> Tennessee Valley Authority
> WT 5D - 462
> 400 West Summit Hill Drive
> Knoxville, TNÂ 37902
> Phone: (865) 632-2134Â Fax: (865) 632-4212
> email: address@hidden

Ticket ID: YQC-638250