[LDM #GDD-361197]: Self-consistency problem with product queue

Evan,

> The "ldmadmin delqueue" and "ldmadmin mkqueue" command sequence fixed
> the problem. Thank you.

You're most welcome.

> Also, the log files are being written correctly now. Apparently the logs
> were empty due to my repeated attempts at restarting the LDM with the
> inconsistent product queue.

The variable "$log_rotate" must be "1" (the default) in the file
"$HOME/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf".  If you don't want to create a new log file every
time the LDM is started, then you can set this variable to zero.

Good luck.

> Best regards,
> Evan

> Unidata LDM Support wrote:
> > Evan,
> >

> >> My LDM recently went down and now when I attempt to restart, I get an
> >> error I've never seen before:
> >>
> >> "The self-consistency of the product-queue could not be determined.  See
> >> the logfile for details."
> >>
> >> A Google search didn't come up with anything either. My logs files
> >> appear to be empty as well. Can you help me solve this?
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >> Evan
> >>

> > It's possible that your system crashed, leaving the LDM product-queue in an
> > inconsistent state.  The solution to that would be to delete the queue with
> > the command "ldmadmin delqueue" and then recreate it with the command
> > "ldmadmin mkqueue".
> >
> > The lack of logging is serious because logging must work in order to
> > troubleshoot the LDM system.  Please send me the output from the following
> > commands:
> >
> >     uname -a
> >     grep SELINUX /etc/selinux/config
> >     ps -ef | grep syslog
> >     grep local /etc/syslog*.conf
> >     ls -l $HOME/bin/hupsyslog $HOME/bin/rpc.ldmd
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steve Emmerson
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: GDD-361197