[LDM #LXP-916564]: ldmping

Hi Michael,

I am following-up because of a comment you made:

"We set uid:gid to ldm:ldm on everything in /usr/local/ldm and below."
"I'll check first thing tomorrow though and see how that program is set up."

As Steve noted in his reply, the best way to insure that the
correct permissions are set on LDM routines is by running
'make install_setuids' as the last step in the LDM installation
process.

Just to make sure that all is set correctly, I recommend a
rebuild/reinstall from scratch (this should only take a couple
of minutes):

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.7.0/src
make distclean
./configure
make
make install

sudo make install_setuids

  -- OR --

su
  <pass>
make install_setuids
exit

Setting the appropriate permissions on those files that need
it (rpc.ldmd and hupsyslog) can be done "by hand", but it is
easier to do it with the 'make install_setuids' step.

Ticket ID: LXP-916564
Department: Support LDM