[LDM #MMY-812358]: Possible memory leak in ldm

Bill,

> We are running version 6.6.5.
>
> The files are not inserted into the queue at once.  There are never more
> than 2 of the 200-300 mb files in the queue at once.
>
> I have tried queue sizes of 2GB.  That did not make any difference.  The
> entry for pqact on this product is to write it to disk.
> This doesn't seem to take very long.
>
> We have more physical memory than the queue size.
>
> > What operating system is running on the affected machine?  What version?
>
> RedHat Enterprise Linux WS Release 4 (Nahant update 2)
>
> > You should remove the "EXEC pqexpire" entry from the LDM configuration
> > file, ldmd.conf.  That program is deprecated (assuming you're using a
> > recent version of the LDM).
>
> Thanks.  I will take that line out. Could this be causing the problem?

It's hard to say whether or not the pqexpire(1) process could be
causing the problem.  I would, however, definitely remove the entry
to see if that fixes the problem.  Let me know.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: MMY-812358
Department: Support LDM