[LDM #VHT-836868]: WMO Headers: broken links

Hi Dave,

Jeff Weber and I were discussing your plight a little while ago and
trying to come up with some links that might help in your resurrecting
of the LDM actions that you lost recently...

The NWS does not appear to maintain a site that explains the various
headers that one would see in NOAAPort-broadcast products.  The link
for the NWS page I found using the search key 'nwstg product information'
in Google is:

http://weather.noaa.gov/tg/dir_subset.shtml

In this page are links to the headers for products sent out in the
NWSTG channel of NOAAPort (e.g., the text products that are contained
in the IDS|DDPLUS IDD datastream).  Unfortunately, the information
contained in links from this page are simply lists of the product
IDs themselves, not an explanation of what the products actually
are/represent.

It is for this reason that we think that the GEMPAK pattern-action
files may be of help to you as they contain some comments about
what the products are for certain patterns/pattern regular expressions.

I have attached a GEMPAK pattern action file (pqact.gempak) for your review.
Hopefully, it will have enough information to help jog your memory or give you
a good idea of the product headers you need/want to use.

The other thing is a question:

- what is the form of the backup you have that failed?

If it is some sort of file or information on tape, it may be possible
to do a raw dump of the contents and find the text of the pattern-action
file that you lost.

Ticket ID: VHT-836868
Department: Support LDM