[LDM #ZMC-587082]: LDM running but no data stored

Hi Colin,

re:
> I did a test and I can (as ldm) write a file into
> /home/colin/radar/level_II or any of the K*** subdirectories.  For
> example as ldm I was able to copy ldmd.conf into
> /home/colin/radar/level_II/KMOB, so I believe the permissions should be OK.

Very good.  We needed to make sure that we could rule out the obvious :-)

> I am not sure that I could see the spaces on the first uncommented
> NEXRD2 entry (at least using vi),

Here is how to do it using 'vi':

<as 'ldm'>
vi etc/pqact.conf
-- move your insertion cursor down to the beginning of the first uncommented
line
   for a NEXRD2 action
-- search for a space by hitting the '/' key and entering a space

This is exactly how I found out that there are (were) two spaces at the end of
the line:

NEXRD2  ^L2-BZIP2/(KTLH)    FILE    -overwrite  -close
/home/colin/radar/level_II/KTLH/\1.ldm

Just so you know, the spaces shouldn't have made a difference; I just wanted to
make sure.

> but to be sure I deleted everything
> after the last character and saved it, then used the pqactcheck and
> pqactHUP commands.  The pqactcheck found the file to be syntactically
> correct.

Very good.

> However, still no saving.

Not so good...

re:
> I checked the log file under /home/ldm/logs/ldmd.log and it is empty.

OK.  The first thing we need to do is get LDM logging working on your
system.

Questions:

- who owns the ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log file
- what OS are you using

The steps involved in getting LDM logging working are performed by 'root'.  The
steps
are described in:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Unidata LDM
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm

    LDM 6.7.0 home page                   <- NB: the steps are the same for any
LDM version
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.7.0/

      LDM Reference
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.7.0/basics/index.html

        LDM Preinstallation Steps

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.7.0/basics/preinstallation.html

After LDM logging is working, we will be able to better see why your NEXRD2
FILE actions
are not working.

Ticket ID: ZMC-587082