[LDM #FKC-383851]: rtstats

Austin,

My system administrator and I looked at Dixon.  We identified
several problems that, if fixed, will probably allow the LDM
to work correctly.  Unfortunately, the system configuration
on Dixon is unconventional---so we're reluctant to modify it.
I therefore suggest that you consult with your system
administrator about these problems and try to fix them.

The problems are:

1) The command "rpcinfo -p dixon.iarc.uaf.edu" times-out.  It
shouldn't.  One solution might be to not start the portmapper.

2) The command "sudo iptables -L" takes two minutes to complete
but the command "sudo iptables -L -n" takes less than a second.
This indicates that you have a severe DNS problem.

2) The output from the command "sudo iptables -L" indicates that
only UDP connections from a particular LDM are allowed.  The LDM
uses TCP rather than UDP.

Please get back to me when you and your system administrator
have addressed these issues.

The LDM is not running (I had to terminate it and its subprocesses
with extreme prejudice).  Given the above problems, I wouldn't
start it.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FKC-383851