[LDM #ORI-704946]: setpgid not working under linux in pipe_open

Harry,

> P.S.  I checked this on Solaris 10.  It does the same thing.  I'm
> wondering if this is a requirement of POSIX, or if it is a case of great
> minds thinking alike.

I think the code that handles signal blocking is executed before teh
code that determines if the signal's being ignored, which is
executed in the kernel on behalf of the relevant process.

The only thing I don't like about having the LDM ignore SIGCONT is
that this would mean that EXECed programs would be in a non-standard
execution environment.  If such a program received a SIGSTOP, for
whatever reason, it would never be able to restart and would have
to be abnormally terminated.

If the problem is primarily with the dcgrib2(1) decoder, then it
might suffice to make decoders their own process-group leaders.
This can easily be done by replacing the "setpgid(0, getppid())"
with a "setpgid(0, 0)".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: ORI-704946