[LDM #UAK-912261]: data flow problems

Karen,

> Okay, I'll try to get them to fix the system clock on the machine that
> is ingesting the data.

Please tell me if you know or discover to whom such an issue should
be reported.  The latest LDM emits a warning when it receives
a product from sufficiently far in the future (but not the past).
Some of our users then ask us to fix the problem, but I don't know
to whom it should be reported.

> Thanks very much for all your help.  I feel bad bugging you about what
> turns out to be a simple clock problem, but I was truly stumped by some
> of the behaviour I was seeing.

Hey, the behavior had us scratching our heads as well.  In such a
situation, there's really no substitute for logging onto the system.

>  I was also thrown by watching the
> filename date/time and not the other time.  I've always used system time
> to name files, but I think they are getting the time from the data
> stream, which would explain the difference.

It's also possible that something else is going on (though that would
fail Occam's razor).  It's always a good idea to monitor the behavior
of one's system and investigate puzzling behavior.

> Again, thanks for your time and effort.  As always you have been very
> very helpful.

Thanks.  You're most welcome.

Good luck.

> There are 2 kinds of people in the world:
>
> 1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

> address@hidden
>
> Phone:  405-325-6982
> Cell: 405-834-8559
> SAIC/Systems Analyst