[LDM #LJY-425624]: NEXRAD Level II Feed

Alan,

> Well, take a look at this example.  KSFX with a time stamp of 20080530
> 050207.  The size on my local server is 1,420,067 and the size from the
> Boulder is 1,428,651.  Just so happens I keep a log of the sequences,
> and they look identical and they are not out of sequence.  Except for
> the local time difference, the arrival times almost match.  All 69
> radial files are accounted for on both servers.  Unfortunately I don't
> keep the size of the radial file, that might be something I add.  So,
> this could point to the decode software or the files that came from my
> upstream are truncated.  Again, I have no errors on either system that
> the decode software failed.

Please forgive me, but as expert as I am in the LDM, I'm not adept in
the data that it actually transmits.

My understanding is that a single horizontal sweep of a NEXRAD2
radar is transmitted as four LDM data-products: three of 100 radials
and one of 60 or 65 radials (which is transmitted last and has a
"/E" suffix in the product-identifier).  Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

If I'm right, then what is the relationship between those LDM data-
products and the entries in your listings?  Is each entry written by
an LDM decoder process that accumulates the four LDM data-products
of each radar sweep into one?  And why does only the last entry have
an "E"?  Or do the entries comprise a single but multi-parameter
horizontal sweep?

> If I might ask, do you use the Harry Edmond software to decode?

Sadly, I don't know.  I'll ask.  I'll also see if I can get
someone with more knowledge about the data to join this thread.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: LJY-425624
Department: Support LDM